Confronting The Rise In Racism – Stamp Out Islamophobia & Anti-Semitism
10.30am-4.30pm, Saturday 8th October
Friends Meeting House, Euston Rd, NW1 2BJ
• Jeremy Corbyn MP, Labour Party Leader • Diane Abbott MP • Kate Osamor MP • Claude Moraes MEP • Lord Alf Dubs, Kindertransport refugee and initiator of the Dubs amendment • Owen Jones, Guardian columnist • Cllr Claudia Webbe, Labour Party NEC • Sally Hunt, UCU Gen Sec • Kevin Courtney, NUT General Secretary • Gloria Mills, TUC Executive & General Council • Edie Friedman, Executive Director, Jewish Council for Racial Equality • Harun Rashid Khan, MCB Secretary General • Maurice Wren, Chief Executive, The Refugee Council • Collette Levy, Hidden Child from Vichy France • Kadisha Burrell, Justice for Audley Burrell • Abrar Javid Rotherham 12 Campaign • Janet Alder, Sister of Christopher Alder • Cllr Micheline Ngongo, The Light House Project • Salma Yacqoob • Dr Siema Iqbal, GP and Columnist • Azad Ali, MEND • Judith Benda, Die Linke (Germany) • Petros Constantinou KEERFA (Movement Against Racism and Fascism, Greece) • Don Flynn, Director, Migrants Rights Network • Clare Moseley, Care for Calais Founder • David Rosenberg, Cable Street 80 • Malia Bouattia, NUS President • Shelly Asquith, NUS VP Welfare • Shakira Martin, NUS VP Further Education • Barbara Ntumy, NUS Black Students Campaign • Moazzam Begg, former Guantanamo Bay detainee • Dr Lucia Pradella, Lecturer & campaigner • Roger Huddle Founding member of Rock Against Racism • Sam Fairbairn, Secretary, Peoples Assembly Against Austerity • Capres Turner, Organiser, Black Lives Matter US Embassy Demo • Nahella Ashraf, Manchester Stand Up To Racism • Sabby Dhalu & Weyman Bennett, Co-Convenors of Stand Up To Racism
A major national conference bringing together speakers, organisations and activists from anti-racist campaigns across Europe. The conference will examine the current struggle against racism in Britain and beyond such as the fight against Islamophobia and antisemitism, defending civil liberties and migrants rights and building solidarity with the Black Lives Matter movement in the US.
The humanitarian crisis in Europe will also be discussed with the intention of developing an action plan for activists and organisations who want to campaign for more to be done for refugees.
- Confronting the rise of racism, Islamophobia and anti-Semitism
- Refugees Welcome Here
- From the US to Britain – Black Lives Matter
- Prevent, the Extremism Bill and defending civil liberties
- Brexit: Oppose Racist Attacks, Defend Migrant Rights
- Trump to UKIP – opposing right wing populism
- Europe and the renewed threat of fascism & the far right
- Love Music Hate Racism
- Austerity and the rise in racism